The activities involved in Availability Management include:
- Determining the business's real availability requirements.
- Developing an availability plan estimating future availability needs in the short to medium term.
- Keeping the service operating and recovering it in the event of a fault.
- Running periodic diagnostics on the availability of systems and services.
- Evaluating the service capacity of internal and external suppliers.
- Monitoring IT service availability.
- Preparing progress reports based information gathered on the availability, reliability, maintainability and fulfilment of OLAs and UCs.
- Evaluating the impact of security policies on availability.
- Advising Change Management about the possible impact of a change on availability.
Note: using the buttons on the graphic you can access more detailed information about the links with other IT processes.