It is essential to prepare reports allowing the performance of Capacity Management to be evaluated.
The documentation drawn up must include information about:
- The use of resources.
- Deviations of the real capacity from that planned.
- Analysis of trends in the use of capacity.
- Metrics established for capacity analysis and performance monitoring.
- Impact on quality of service, availability and other IT processes.
The success of Capacity Management depends on a number of key indicators, including:
- Correct forecasting of capacity needs.
- Reducing costs associated with capacity.
- Higher levels of security and availability.
- Greater user and customer satisfaction.
- Compliance with the SLAs.