IT Management Fundamentals
IT Services Management: Practical Case
In order to illustrate the content of this course more effectively, each chapter includes a practical case directly related to its content.
All these cases refer to a (fictitious) company in the catering business called "Cater Matters" which has decided to implement the ITIL methodology to manage its services.
"Cater Matters" offers catering services to a wide range of customers, including:
- Large companies' canteens
- School dining rooms
- Catering for events (conferences, institutional events, etc.)
- Restaurant services for hotels.
The logistics of its service are complex and the levels of service required are demanding in terms of quality and delivery schedules.
To improve its standards of service "Cater Matters" has implemented a sophisticated information system allowing it to manage customer relations, production and distribution more efficiently and flexibly.
After weighing up the situation carefully, the management of "Cater Matters" opted to use the ITIL methodology as the basis for its processes and services. The main decisions adopted as a result were:
- Creation of a Service Desk centralising relationships with customers and other IT infrastructure.
- Organisation of activities around processes.
- Appointment of managers for each of the critical processes.
- Establishing strict service quality monitoring protocols.