IT Service Continuity Management
The main activities involved in IT Service Continuity Management may be summarised as:
- Establishing the policies and scope of ITSCM.
- Evaluating the impact on the business of an interruption in IT services.
- Analysing and predicting the risks to which the IT infrastructure is exposed.
- Establishing the strategies for IT service continuity.
- Adopting proactive risk prevention measures.
- Developing contingency plans.
- Testing those plans.
- Training staff on the procedures necessary for a rapid recovery of service.
- Periodically reviewing the plans and adapting them to real business needs.
Note: using the buttons on the graphic you can access more detailed information about the links with other IT processes.